The next version of Delegate365 v8.3 is here. This major version brings some new features as "Sync with security group", bulk assignments, list export, improved OU management, and many further features and fixes. See the details here.
- Upgrading from Delegate365 version 8.2 does not require running a new setup. Upgrading from any other Delegate365 version, requires to (Re)run the setup.
- New Sync Rule "Sync with security group": This new feature in Administration / Sync rules allows to remove users from an OU automatically based on their security group membership. See how this works in detail at Sync with Group.
We hope this new sync feature helps improving your users organization based on security group memberships in Delegate365.
- Bulk assign licenses uses license policy: In module Licenses / Bulk assign licenses, administrators can un-assign and assign licenses for multiple users. That can be tricky, since multiple users can have different licenses assigned and not setting a license or plan will remove that license or plan from all selected users. So, Administrators should know what they are execute in this module. Anyway, this module now considers a license policy that can be set for an Administrator. See details and a sample at Bulk assign licenses.
- Administrator bulk operations: Setting the administrators permission and license policy now is easier. In module Administration / Administrators, multiple users can be selected. Then, the new menu is shown on the right side.
This allows to set the permission policy…
…and the license policy for multiple administrators in one step.
Multiple administrators can be deleted in one step as well.
- Administrators Last Login: The Administration / Administrators list now shows the last login of each Admin to identify admins that have been inactive for a longer time period.
- Export list data to a CSV and Excel file: The following modules now have an export function, for exporting data as CSV or Excel file for further processing: Administrators, Users, Shared Mailboxes, Resources, Contacts, Security Groups, Office365 Groups, Distribution Groups, Dynamic Groups.
Simply click on the icon on to of the table to download and open the generated file. The function exports all list data (not just the current page) to the file.
- Create an OU with Admin-assignment: When creating a new OU, one or more administrators can be selected directly in the creation process. This saves extra steps.
- Edit an OU with remove Admins: Also, when clicking Edit, you can remove assigned administrators from an OU - and add new ones in one step.
- OU assign and unassign show the UPNs and allow search: The modules OU´s / Assign and Unassign have been extended to show the User Principal Names in all corresponding boxes User, Distribution groups (Primary SMTP address), Office 365 groups (Primary SMTP address), Dynamic groups (Primary SMTP address), Contacts (Windows email address), Shared Mailboxes (Primary SMTP address), and Resources (Primary SMTP address).
The same goes for the unassigment-list as here.
The search box also looks in that field when searching, so, you can search for a part of the email address as well, as e.g. "ers@m365x005" finds all users with that expression.
This helps to identify and find the user objects, especially in large environments.
- License policy added to Sync Rules: Administrators can now use a defined License Policy to use in the User license assignment settings.
When the Licenses icon is clicked, the panel opens and shows a dropdown with all existing license policies. This allows to select a predefined policy set and to user this as a template for individually select licenses and plans that shall be set for that rule.
As you can see, a selected license plan sets exactly the checkboxes as defined in the policy.
Remember that changing a license policy in the dropdown resets existing selected plans and overwrites them with the selected policy settings. Anyway, you need to confirm the settings with the OK button at the panel bottom to save them.
Info: Be aware that changing a license policy does NOT modify any existing license assignment rules. The License policy dropdown is just for selecting the settings of the current policy to the license selection. This feature supports especially administrators who need to define many licenses assignment rules to be able to perform this operation with one click instead of setting each single license or plan. We hope this helps.
- Members lists sorted: All members list are sorted now to quickly find a member, e.g. in Distribution List Members.
- Report Groups governance outsourced: The report generation was moved from the sync to the daily statistics task. So, the data is available for the day before.
- Added a new endpoint HealthCheck for internal monitoring of telemetry data.
- Initial Sync status is now "running" after the job has been started. Aborted jobs will be marked as "canceled".
- Sync shows short summary: The sync operation shows the number of added, updated and deleted objects in the Details panel as here.
In this sample, existing users have been assigned as members of security groups and groups have been added to OU´s based on their Display Name, as defined in the Sync Rules.
- Additional small fixes, as removed user edit validations so that user properties can contain special characters, e.g. department "R & D" etc.
We hope this new features support in organizing your management with Delegate365!