This week, SharePoint Virtual Summit took place on May 16th. There were a bunch of news and announcements and the SharePoint team did a great job delivering the latest improvements on SharePoint.
Watch the SharePoint Virtual Summit online. My personal highlights have been:
- OneDrive Files On-Demand (as announced during BUILD keynote)
Update: See this great video by Microsoft Mechanics, lead engineer Eugene Lin!
OneDrive for Business updates: simplified sharing and files on demand
- SharePoint team sites connection with other Office 365 services
- SharePoint communication sites, see An overview of SharePoint communication sites
- Embedded PowerApps and Flows, as the animated graphics from blogs.office.com demonstrates:
Since Martina and I were at the Microsoft Campus on the day of the broadcasting, we had the chance to look behind the scenes a little bit and feel the positive vibe of the SharePoint and OneDrive team answering questions during the event.
Check out these resources for more information about the new world of SharePoint!
- SharePoint Virtual Summit showcases growth, innovations and customer success
- New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities accelerate your digital transformation
- SharePoint Virtual Summit - Q&A Full Transcript (May 16th, 2017)
We are looking forward to the new SharePoint features!