Delegate365 version 3.7 brings a bunch of new features! Again, this version is a major milestone for our Office365 Add-On product. First of all, the management of all lists has been improved. We now use a Side Panel for all options for the selected objects which eases the usage. With that there are new bulk operations available. Some features have been improved and changed as well. See the details here.
- New Task Pane in all lists: All lists in D365 now show a side panel instead of the menu links. Depending the selection users can perform some actions on the right side. This looks like here with an examples of the users list.
- Task Pane with no selection:
If no list item is selected the Task Pane shows some text with the features available:
- Task Pane with one selection:
If one item is selected all options for this entry are available.
Another nice feature: Now the whole row can be clicked for selecting or unselecting items!
(Un/Marking the checkbox is no longer necessary, the status will be set by clicking the row.)
These new options replace the former “menu links”.
Additionally there are more operations available in some lists.
- Task Pane with multiple selection – new bulk operations:
If more than one item is selected options for this the selected items are available.
Mark or unmark any selection by clicking somewhere in the row…
- Before: The old D365 versions used menu links in each line like “Edit, Licenses, MFA,” etc.
– they are now replaced by the new Task Panes with additional (bulk) features.
- New behavior – the Task Pane:
When editing an item some operations now open a Task Pane on the right side where admins can quickly manage the corresponding feature. This happens for most options, there’s no extra page any more. The Task Pane is opened very fast and the admin must not leave the list page which results in faster and better user experience.
See an example when resetting a user password here:
Many operations now make use of the Task Pane for quick and easy managing within the same list page without reloading. See the license settings for a user here.
- Existing Behavior – Edit forms:
If there are more than a handful settings for some options edit pages still exist, for example for the edit user form with many user properties. This works as before.
- New: Switch OU (for multiple items):
Many lists now have an additional bulk feature for changing the OU for the selected items.
See an example of distribution groups here:
- The User Picker also works with multi select (as before), but the rows are clickable as in the lists mentioned above.
- New: User must change his password: In the “Reset password” function admins can now define that users must change their password the next time they sign in.
Set the switch to “Yes” and save the setting.
- Bulk operation user password change: If multiple users are selected and “Reset passwords” is used, a web form follows where admins can set the password reset, if emails should be sent and if the marked persons must change their password the next time they sign in.
- User CSV Import Bugfix: If multiple users have been imported with an CSV file these new users have not been visible in D365 until the next sync operation. This was caused by an asynchronous command which did not end correctly and has been fixed. New imported users are now visible in D365 after the operation completes.
- Differential Queries Sync Bugfix: Since D365 version 3.6 the Sync operation uses Differential Queries for getting all changed objects in AAD. In some situations the Sync did not get all data. This was fixed. Also the automatic Sync was fixed, so all data are updated now.
- The Sync page has been updated. In former versions of D365 the Sync page showed the “User sync options” closed and had many configuration switches like in this screenshot.
We changed that in v3.7.
To be honest: If a Global Admin wants to sync, he wants to sync ALL data from Office 365 to D365. So we removed these unnecessary switches. Simply click “Sync” and don’t think about details.
The text informs about the synced object types. These are users, groups, distribution lists, rooms, shared mailboxes and license information.
- Another change in the Sync page are concerning the “User Sync options”. Now they start opened.
There’s a new switch (which is saved to the D365 configuration) which controls the rules below (see here for Automatic Assignment to an OU).
If “Use sync options” is set to No (default) the Sync uses the fast Differential Queries for updating D365 and ignores the automatic OU-assignments.
If “Use sync options” is set to Yes the Sync uses the Full Queries for updating D365 and checks for the automatic OU-assignments.
If you change the “User sync options” settings, click “Save” and start the “Sync” afterwards.
Depending on the new switch the automatic OU-assignment is used or ignored.
- Usage Location available again: This module was removed in former versions of D365 and has now been added again since some customers want to manage just their own usage locations.
- Responsive Design Update:
As described above D365 now uses Task Panes for some actions. To ensure that D365 is also fully usable also on mobile devices we checked and updated the responsive design of D365.
This is how the complex user list looks f.e. on an iPhone 6 (with tapping and swiping).
If an operation like “reset passwords” is selected…
The same goes with other operations.
Check it out!
- Last but not least: Again we could speed up performance for Exchange Online operations. Before D365 opened the connection pool for all Exchange commands when the first command was executed. This has been changed. Now D365 opens the connection pool when the app starts. This means that when an admin f.e. opens D365 and starts a Sync, looks at distribution groups or uses any other Exchange operation the connection is already existing and the first operation now has the same fast performance than all following Exchange commands.
We invested a lot of time in the new user experience and hope you like it!
The last version 3.6 of Delegate365 has been out since about two weeks.
Right now all versions of Delegate365 have already been updated to version 3.7 so you can start using the new version immediately.
Stay tuned for the next version and additional features at the beginning of June…
Enjoy the simplicity of user and license management with Delegate365!